All Board Communications and Minutes of Meetings to be logged here. Most recent items at the top.
February 6, 2017
First vote before the board: Change the name Playbill to ONsTaGE.
From Lawrence Coop:
I was playing around with several words to use as a logo when this came to me. It is so simple I can't believe nobody came up with it before. It is the word "onstage".
I noticed that it has an "s" and an "a" right near the center. That could symbolize "San Antonio". If you make the letters "O", "N", "T", "G", and "E" all caps and the "s" and "a" lower case it looks really cool - "ONsTaGE". The "s" and "a" really pop when they are a different color than the caps too. Stretching the caps to make them tall, throw in a shadow effect and it is even better.
Could we consider replacing "Playbill" with "ONsTaGE" meaning "Onstage San Antonio"? Please let me know what you think.
From Diana Brown:
I love ONsTaGE! It is perfect for the YouTube Channel, where watchers could be either potential audience members or performers
We have used Playbill for 17 years
Early on, there was confusion as to where to find and where to list which info (for audience or for performers)
Onstage could be “what is onstage to see” or “what is onstage to audition for” and might be confusing again
Board, please weigh in with your preference:
Change Playbill to ONsTaGE?.
January 29, 2017
Meeting to hold Election of 2017 Officers at Crystal Sea Drama Company (Minutes here soon)
Lawrence Coop proposed a YouTube channel to promote theatre in San Antonio. Rick Malone agreed to assist. Channel to be called ONsTaGE. (Lowercase S and A standing for San Antonio)
Success! What would you like to do now?
Use the menu below.
NOTE: URLs and email links are created automatically as long as entered properly, eg. with "www." or with"@" for email. However, if you choose to enter link manually, below is detailed description on how to do so.
How to add a website link or email link in E-Audition or Playbill Forms.
- Type text in selected field. Select a phrase or word that is going to be linked. To insert a link select INSERT/EDIT LINk icon.
- Click on the INSERT/EDIT LINk icon, type in your url and click OK.
To insert a web link follow these steps:
- Type your link - (ex. http://www.mylink.com), don't forget to type "http://www.".
- Insert "Title" (this is optional). The title is a short description for the link, it will show when the user hovers over the link.
- Set target to "New window" or "None" (optional). Selecting "New window" will cause the linked page to open in a new window.
To insert an email link follow these steps:
- Type text in selected field. Select a phrase or word that is going to be linked. To insert a link select INSERT/EDIT LINK icon. See the screenshot below.
- Enter the email link and click OK.
- You will be asked to add "mailto" prefix. Confirm and click OK.
How to edit or remove link in E-Audition or Playbill Forms.
- To remove or edit link, simply select the link and click on INSERT/EDIT LINK icon. Edit the link and press OK.